Comments for double or triple?

Click here to add your own comments

Answer From Our Loft Conversion Expert
by: Jeremy Wedge

Tables are published for single timber joist as this is the most common application and can be found in part A of the Building Regulations.

All other cases are subject to design as there are a number of external influences that require to be checked, this is usually undertaken by a structural engineer.

We can provide a design for you to cover multiple joists on your behalf, please feel free to contact us should you wish the design undertaken.

Jeremy Wedge, MIstrutE, CEng

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Expert.

Return to double or triple?.

Latest Articles

  1. What Is Vermiculite Loft Insulation?

    Vermiculite Loft Insulation is an echo-friendly alternative to traditional insulation materials

    Read More

  2. The Loft Water Tank Moving And Repositioning

    The old loft water tank will need to be moved if the roof space is being converted into a habitable room

    Read More

  3. Structural Calculations For Loft Conversions

    Structural calculations for loft conversions are of course hugely important to ensure safety and that the proposed plans meet building regulations

    Read More